We are the Western Canada EAPA Branch within District 5 (International) of the Employee Assistance Professionals Association, EAPA. To-date we are the only branch in Canada. EAPA members are supported by more than 90 chapters in the United States and branches Worldwide. These organizations provide localized services to EA professionals, ranging from professional networking to continuing education.
The Employee Assistance Professionals Association, EAPA, with its head office in Arlington, Virginia was established in 1971. Then as now, the organization is made up of individuals and organizations dedicated to maximizing workplace effectiveness through prevention, identification and resolution of productivity issues. As an association of approximately 5,000 members worldwide, EAPA is THE recognized voice of the Employee Assistance field. (www.eapassn.org)
EAPA publishes the Journal of Employee Assistance, hosts professional conferences and offers training and other resources to fulfill its mission. EAPA’s mission is to promote the highest standards of practice and the continuing development of employee assistance professionals and programs.
The Western Canada EAPA Branch is committed to maintaining the highest standard of employee assistance practice by:
- Offering Continuing Education Credits (EAPA approved) and professionalism in EAP issues and practice
- Integrating approaches to counselling, disability/rehab management, organizational development etc.
- Building professionalism in the mature market of EAP service providers
- Supporting the highest level of ethical practice among employee assistance professionals
- Promoting awareness and recognition of employee assistance program benefits
- Promoting and networking in the local, national and international community